Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The best BaNaNa Bread EVER!

This is one of my very Best friends recipe!  
It is soooo Yummy!  
But I am a little bit of a Health Freak, 
so I tried to make a little bit Healthier
and it actually turned out super delicious!

This is the Original recipe
(Healthier version in)

Cream:  1/2c. shortening (1/2 c. coconut oil)
*Coconut Oil from Health food store

1 1/2c. sugar


Add:  2 eggs  
(Eggs from our own chickens pictured below)
*I doubled it so there are 4 eggs in this pic.


Mix together

Add:  1c. mashed bananas 
*about 2 bananas

Set aside 1/4  c. sour milk
*1/4c. milk 2 tbs. vinegar
(Rice milk and apple cider vinegar with the "Mother")
*Rice milk from Costco
*Vinegar from Health food store

1 tsp.vanilla

Slowly add in:

2 c. flour
(whole wheat flour)
*I use this kind or grind my own in my Vita-Mix

*this flour is Non-GMO
*Certified Chemical free
*Unbleached
You can get this at Walmart!

1/4 tsp. baking powder
(Aluminum Free)
*from costco

3/4 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
(sea salt)


Mix all together!

Bake at 350 for about 55 minutes
*Makes 1 large loaf
I doubled it so there are two!


So Yummy :)


1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, my sister says you do design too, I'm getting a new old house and would love to hire you! call me, Angi 435-279-2478

    ReplyDelete

Sunshine Design Friends said:

Related Posts with Thumbnails