Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bathroom "updo"

Bathroom Redo
I love beadboard and have had some sitting in my garage for like 3 years! I decided that it might look good in my bathroom. So out came the tools!
BEFORE
This is one of the best air compressors! It is small and compact! I can bring it right in the house by myself without any effort! Along with my handy dandy nail gun!


This is the bead board after I had "ripped" it on the table saw outside. All by myself, mind you! The sheet was 4'x8'! It was quite the sight! But, I got it done with all fingers still attatched!
I had to take down the towel bar. This is the beadboard on the wall stappled up!
I cut it in two separate pieces, so I will show you how to cover up that big line down the center.

To cover up the nail holes and the line down the center you will want to use some joint compound. It is the same stuff that they use to mud sheetrock. I used a small putty knife since I was doing a small area.


Next, I put up some trim. It was really inexpensive at Home Depot. Maybe .50 a foot. It has a lip on the inside edge so that it will fit right over the beadboard. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of that part! Measure, nail it up, and fill it in with some paintable latex caulk.




This is the finished project. I painted it the same color as my trim. Almond white from Kwal. All painted and everything, from start to finish took about 3 hours. Not bad for a days work! What do you think?
AFTER:


6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I am so impressed. Great job. Beadboard really is wonderful don't you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Shine! Your bathroom looks beautiful. I'm gonna have to hire you :)
    I'm getting ready to redo my 2 windows like we talked about - wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am so VERY MUCH IMPRESSED! I am going to be putting bead board up in Dallon's & Oakley's rooms - so don't be surprised if you get a phone call from me asking questions! I have a feeling I am going to be doing it myself... I'm a little scared! Be talking to you SOON! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive! It turned out so cute! You are quite the woman! BTW I went and bought me some flower clips form Avery Lily the other day! LOVE'EM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bathroom updo!! :) I still am seriously considering the bead board in my kitchen...Shaun will like it after the fact!! :) I just think it'd be fun and something totally different. Hope to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Sunshine Design Friends said:

Related Posts with Thumbnails