Friday, June 5, 2009

One of my Favorite things

Gardening is one of my favorite things!

I got up this morning before my kids and was able to get one of my goals done for the day!
I know ya'll are jealous of my dead bushes! Well, I wasn't either! So I decided to rip them out of the pots and plant something a little more pleasing to the eye!

This is a picture of the bushes ripped out, but the dirt needs some major help!


Got my good ole' soil pep from the store


Added it to the dirt and mixed it up really good until I got this!

Much better!


I pre-placed the plants so that I would know just where to put them.
Make sure when doing this type of pot project to get plants that are cascading or trailing, so that they will flow over the pots edge once they get a little bigger.
You can not see it here yet because the plants are not mature. It should only take about a month before you are able to see the effect these type of plants should have.


All put into the soil and in front of the house!
I was happy with the results!
Looks much better than those dead bushes, don't ya think!

TIP: Make sure also to water these plants once a day, in the morning and with a every day fertilzer. EX: Fertilome, Miracle Gro, etc. It makes a world of a difference in the growth of the plants!


After I planted my pots, I decided to go and take some pictures of some of my favorite plants in my yard. It is three years in the making and some of it is finally maturing. I have never seen any of my yards mature because I always get to antsy and want to move before then. So I am hoping to stay in this house long enough to see my yard become my vision.
My dog "Titan" had to get in the action on my way to take some pic's!



"Catnip"


"Japanese Maple"



"Hosta"

Here is a picture of my climbing roses I planted last year on my new arbor!

They are growing fatastic!

This is a picture of the arbor last fall right after I finished putting it up.

Here is a semi-after picture I took today. I still have to stain or paint the bird house. I can't decide. And I would like to add a couple more plants. I just planted the purple "Clematis" vine at the bottom of the bird house a couple of days ago. It will climb up the 4x4 the bird house is on hopefully by the end of the summer! I can't wait until my roses are all the way up my arbor!


Here is one of my favorite flowers in the yard and I am really sad to say I don't know the name. I know that they are in the cone family.
Last but not least my "Hanging Geranium Basket"! I get one of these every Mother's Day and it is my absolute most favorite plant in my entire yard! There is something so classic about a Red Geranium. I love them!

Thanks for passing by! I hope this inspires you to get out in that yard and do something spectacular!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love flowers and plants. I don't have much of a green thumb, but I love to work at it. My tulips this spring were gorgeous - it's just too bad they won't last past spring. I just planted Dahlias, Zinnias, Hyacinth, zucchini, radishes, and yellow squash. Hoping they work. My peas are thriving though!
    Thanks again for all of your great ideas for my house. I'm getting itchy to get some projects underway!

    ReplyDelete

Sunshine Design Friends said:

Related Posts with Thumbnails