Friday, February 19, 2010

A room fit for a Princess!!!

I have once again re-done my almost 6 yr. old's room.  I have never been quite satisfied with it.  This time I think I acomplished what I had invisioned in my mind.  I wanted something very soft, sweet and feminine.  She loves pink, so of course that had to be incorporated into the design.  I wanted a chandeleir, someplace to put knick knack's, her doll house, art that was all her own, a quilt, and some cute pictures of her.  Words with meaning, mean a lot to me, so there had to be some form of them in her room. 
 Here is the BIG reveal!
Before:
After:
Put bed on opposite wall so it is the first thing you see when you open the door.
  Added MOLDING (go here), repainted,
added some vinyl, went thrifting and spray painted A LOT!


Before:
Replaced Chinese Laterns with Chandelier
After:


For chandelier makeover go HERE


Bookcase Before:
$13 makeover ($9 for thirftstore book case, $4 for wood decals, already had primer and paint)
This originally had two doors on the bottom, which I took off. 
Sanded the whole thing down, added crown molding, filled in pinecones with wood putty, added wood detail, primed and painted.  Whew!




After:
Ahhhhhhh!
It already came with the light in it.

This plate is my daughter's Great-Great Grandmother's

I added some styrofoam to the back and covered it with material. 
Just a special little place for her to pin her junk things on!

I always take control decorate the kids' rooms how I want to with a few thoughts from the them. 
But I wanted there to be something in 
Avery's room that was special to her. 
Something that she did all by herself.
So we went to the craft store and go this canvas and let her go to town on it.  This is what she came up with, which I think is very sweet.  It is a picture of me and her holding hands. 
For canvas art go HERE

Before:
Candlesticks purchased at the Thrift Store

After:
Primed and painted white

Stool:
Her bed is a little high so I made this stool for her.
For transformation go HERE

This chair was Avery's Great Grandmother's.
For chair Re-do go HERE
The bed was oak, I painted it red for my son's room,
 now white for Avery's room.

Shelves are from the Thrift Store
Round frames purchased from a garage sale, 
painted black, and added some scrapbook paper!
Doll house purchased from the Thrift Store for $25. 
 I took out the carpet, painted the house white and pink (already had white paint & got pink paint for free on Glidden.com), 
added beadboard painted Olive Branch (Kwal) to match her walls.
(sorry not a very good picture to show the colors)

Painted a little detail in the Doll house for her

Meaningful Words

I painted this growth chart on her wall,
although she has almost outgrown it already!

I tried to do this room on a budget and
with things that were meaningful to both Avery and I. 
The sweet, feminine, & meaningful I think were all accomplished!
Hope you all enjoy looking at this as much as we do!

12 comments:

  1. i love it!!! How wonderful! Bailey saw it and wants her room like that....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo creative. I would love to see your whole house. I bet it so to die for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it's so pretty! I love that chandelier, and the pink toile. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness, this is just breathtaking!! What a beautiful room, you are so talented, I love it all!! What a lucky little girl to have such a stunning bedroom, you should be so thrilled with the result!! ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it!! What an amazing job you did. I am crazy about your thrift store finds!! Everything looks perfect! I bet she loves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it again!! I love you!! The room is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that you all like it! Thanks for the great comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is absolutely darling!!! You are so talented. :) I am totally in love with it, seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such an awesome job with everything! I need you to share your stylish eye so I can make my house cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay so how the heck are you getting good thrift deals? Please share the wealth babe! You are AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow I love what you did! It is truly so sweet. I especially love how you transformed that bookcase, what a great deal. It looks like a piece that cost much much more. Can't wait to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Sunshine Design Friends said:

Related Posts with Thumbnails